[WikiEN-l] Anti-intellectualism

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 05:31:09 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/11/2008 9:27:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

either  using sub-par sources or working in an awkward
and artificial manner  that bears little to no resemblance to normal
scholarly practice in  the field.>>

----------------------
In a way perhaps.  I'd really like an example :)
I'm SURE you have an example.  Usually people only come here *after*  they've
encountered some specific problem like "Tori Amos", but they don't want  to
admit they've been slumming.

It's true.  For some articles we have to work in a stilted manner ESP  if
those articles are heavily edited and monitored.  But that doesn't have  to make
our work worse.  In fact I think it can make it better by *forcing*  editors
to really dig in and find those sources, instead of relying on  meandering
language, judgment, memory and hyperbole ;)

Will Johnson