[WikiEN-l] IWF blacklist

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:46:47 UTC 2008

2008/12/10 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

>>> Don't forget that was after jimbo said he was considering sueing
>>> because even the IWF had it checked and it was only "possibly"
>>> illegal, they never got confirmation, it would the same in court say
>>> if someone was stopping people from entering a store and claiming
>>> their carrot cake had rat poison in it without checking.
>
>> I hadn't realised he had said that - does anyone have a link?
>

> http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/science_technology/wikipedia+may+challenge+iwf+ban/2877057

Cheers. That says his first thought was to sue but he'd been told it
probably wouldn't work - that's quite different to him actively
considering suing (for a start, its not his decision, either Sue or
the whole board would decide on the advice of Mike). I doubt that
report had any influence on the IWF decision to withdraw.