[WikiEN-l] Anthrax subject edit-warred on Wikipedia

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Aug 8 12:03:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> That explains the last two changes in Jimmy's user rights (the log, for
> some
> reason,
> appears in my watchlist?). Jimmy - did you find anything useful while
> checkusering
> jimmyflathead, and were you asked to do that by anyone in particular?

I wonder mainly about the second part of the question.  Should board members
be granting themselves checkuser permission to perform investigations on
users without first getting approval from the board as a whole or the
staff?  I'd say most certainly not, and that this is a good reason to remove
"founder" permissions.

Jimmy isn't in charge of dealing with the press.  If journalists ring his
phone off the hook he should refer them to a staff member.