[WikiEN-l] No-indexing of project-space pages

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 19:27:24 UTC 2008

By the way, I didn't say that the subject is "the only person who CAN address
the particular specific instance".  I said that the responsibility for doing
so, rests on them.

We are not and should not feel obligated to root all every negative statement
made about every public figure from every page.  That would be a truly
ridiculous position.  We can try to find some, and address some, which we *already
do*.  And when *others* which can't be simply blanked out (which can by done by
anyone) are brought to the attention of oversighters, etc they can be
addressed as well.  There is no need for anything more than that.

Doing what we're already doing, addresses our own feeling that we should do
something versus nothing.  But we have no responsibility (note that word) to
police the actions of others.  There is no crime in progress here.

Will Johnson