[WikiEN-l] SEO

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:21:08 UTC 2007

*Good, the journals now take my being shot down for trying to stop them
for spamming Wikipedia as an open invitation to add any academic
journals and books to all articles all over Wikipedia.  And create as
many sock puppet accounts, or use as many IPs as they want to do it.
Forget it that I work over these articles to try to make sure that
every outside source and link is directly related and important and
useful to readers.  Forget that we discuss them for weeks on WP:Plants
and on the article talk pages.  It's clear that it's more important to
let these people spam the fuck out of Wikipedia.

KP

**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/64.62.138.21*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/64.62.138.21>

Where were you shot down for trying to stop journals from spamming?
Although actual referencing is welcome, spam is still spam.  I favor a
softer approach with this sort of poster because there's a better
possibility that the individual will become a useful contributor, but I also
recall a deliberate and rather baldfaced campaign by one university library
to boost its site traffic by adding low quality links to Wikipedia articles.

-Durova