[WikiEN-l] Who's moderated?

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 07:40:17 UTC 2007

--- Armed Blowfish <diodontida.armata at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On 02/09/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd rather not post a list of those on mod as it may
> seem like
> > personal black marks against them.
> >

> If you show such consideration on the list, which
> does not have particularly high Google rankings,
> why should it bother you if someone asks for
> blocked and banned editors to be shown
> similar consideration on Wikipaedia, which does
> have very high Google rankings?

I agree with Blowfish & Riddel on this.

Those "moderated"/blocked on Wikipedia and the other wikis
are openly known and available for anybody, not just users.
 Saying the mail moderation list is private is, beside
inconsistent and contrary to the otherwise open policy,
bordering on stupid CYA antics.

I could understand if it's a size issue.  Couldn't that be
resolved via dumping it into a compressed file and posting
it to media?

~~Pro-Lick
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Halliburton_Shill
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pro-Lick