[WikiEN-l] Anonymous page creation will be reenabled on English Wikipedia.

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sat Oct 27 06:16:43 UTC 2007

> After a one month period, on December 9th, we will re-evaluate this
> decision using previously established methods (average article
> lifespan, rate of deletion, manual quality classification, random
> samplings of newly created articles, and most importantly, community
> discussion). If there is evidence of harm, anonymous page creation
> will be disabled to collect more data and provide time for discussion.
>  If there is no significant evidence of harm, the issue will be
> evaluated again after six months. Further milestones and actions may
> be proposed at that time.

Seems like a fine plan. I was never really of the opinion that
blocking anons would help issues like Seigenthaler. Seemed more like a
PR thing to do. Coupled with the real concern that anons want the
ability, mentioned by others, this seems like about time.

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion