[WikiEN-l] Tool announcement: Alternative names redirect

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Wed Oct 24 08:47:17 UTC 2007

William Pietri schreef:
> Do any of our resident data masters know what article has the most
> redirects?
>
> I'd just take that number, round it up, and multiply it by 2-10.

That would be 1800 to 9000 redirects per page.

The ten articles with the most redirects in the August database dump
are, according to my count:

    199 #REDIRECT [[Myrmica]]
    200 #REDIRECT [[List of chess openings]]
    212 #REDIRECT [[Enochian angels]]
    221 #REDIRECT [[Main Page]]
    230 #REDIRECT [[List of Hobbits]]
    234 #REDIRECT [[List of Torres Strait Islands]]
    281 #REDIRECT [[Consolidated Fund Act]]
    287 #REDIRECT [[Appropriation Act]]
    301 #REDIRECT [[Coalition military operations of the Iraq War]]
    923 #REDIRECT [[Gospel of Matthew]]

Most of these are lists, with redirects from the individual entries.
These wouldn't benefit much from the new syntax. More interesting are
[[Benny Benassi]] (191 redirects) and [[Tsentralny District]] (167
redirects).

Eugene