[WikiEN-l] fundraising

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 23 05:23:10 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some people are saying the banner is distracting, ugly and wasn't done
> with enough communication. Shouldn't the discussion be about those
> things and whether any of them present problems?

The fundraiser had to be done under a lot of time pressure, with
scheduled interviews & relocation stress, and of course a ridiculously
understaffed office. Cut the folks some slack - they're all doing the
best they can, and they're here to help & serve _you_, so you'll still
have a site to come back to tomorrow. :-)

The marquee was a bad idea & quickly removed as such. The whole thing
is still butt-ugly & everyone knows it. Help make it prettier:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Fundraising_redesign

It's a wiki after all. :-) I made a quick mock-up of a new video
landing page yesterday, hopefully that or some other variant will go
live today.

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik