[WikiEN-l] Cla68 blocked for asking question

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Oct 21 02:12:58 UTC 2007

Jimbo has added a reply on [[Talk:Gary Weiss]] to the effect that the
block might be "a tad excessive", but he still respects it under his
prior orders for "zero tolerance and shoot on sight".  He's invited
Durova to reduce the block or not, and will respect it either way.

Now, does anybody else think that orders of "zero tolerance and shoot
on sight" seem to fit better for the East German Stasi guarding the
Berlin Wall than for anything on Wikipedia?  Where's the Wikilove in
that?  (Have I just triggered some relative of Godwin's Law?)

We really need to change that tagline "The free encyclopedia anyone
can edit".  Anyone, that is, except the growing number of banned and
blocked users, or anybody new who sounds too much like a past banned
user and is tagged as a sock/meatpuppet, or anybody who runs afoul of
a "zero tolerance and shoot on sight" edict, or anybody who wants to
edit an article that's protected (perhaps indefinitely, like
LaRouche), or anybody who objects to any of this at the wrong time
and place and attracts the ire of an admin.

--
== Dan ==