[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Oct 14 21:49:42 UTC 2007

On 14 Oct 2007 at 12:00:43 -0700, William Pietri
<william at scissor.com> wrote:

> Daniel R. Tobias wrote:
> > On 14 Oct 2007 at 16:35:35 +0000, fredbaud at waterwiki.info wrote:
> > [long line rewrapped]
> >
> >> I made one suggestion, which might not be particularly workable.
> >> Regardless, we need to find solutions.
> >
> > Redirect the ArbCom page to [[Clown]].
>
> Hi, Dan. I value many of your contributions here highly, so this one
> puzzles me. Read straight, it seems unnecessarily hurtful and entirely
> negative. The people on ArbCom seem to be putting a ton of work and
> thought into things, and I think they deserve a lot of respect for that.

Sorry to offend you... I certainly don't want to annoy or puzzle
those who value my contributions!

As somebody else has already pointed out, my (smart-ass) comment was
prompted originally by Fred proposing, in the course of the BADSITES
ArbCom case, a remedy of redirecting articles about people who
"attack" Wikipedians to the [[Clown]] article.

--
== Dan ==