[WikiEN-l] What the Sooper Seekret message tells us

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 04:05:47 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 2:06 PM, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What arguments are you referring to, and how does it "demolish" them?

I'm looking at the "sooper seekret" message (as it appears on
Wikitruth), and I see a list of signs that one is dealing with a
troll/sockpuppet, generally in the form of "new people don't act this
way." !! was held to fulfill every one of them, and yet the
identification turned out to be faulty. The conclusion which one may
well make is that these are not necessarily good assumptions to make
about how new users act. Looking back at my early edits, my first
really substantial edit was to split one article in two. I got into an
RFD within my first fifty edits. The expectation that new editors
don't know what they're doing is evidently not entirely warranted.

Which is not to say that Jon Awbrey shouldn't be banned at every opportunity.