[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:16:00 UTC 2007

On 11/27/07, James Farrar <james.farrar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Durova should not be allowed to be the scapegoat in this. She made a
> mistake which, when she realised it, she immediately corrected and
> apologised, and then resigned her Adminship. These are worthy actions
> and, if her re-application for Adminship were being made now, I would
> unhesitatingly support it.

I was surprised to see that happen. In fact I feel sorry for her in a
way. If this was the lesser of two or more evils for her, I have to
wonder what the other options really were.

> However, there are other "trusted people" who endorsed the mistake --
> and they're staying silent as to their identity, allowing Durova to
> take the fall for them. This is totally unacceptable. I call upon all
> those who endorsed Durova's block to admit it and test the community's
> faith in them.

If such people do exist, does Durova believe she has anything left to
lose by naming them...
or, if they don't exist, does Durova believe she has anything left to
lose by making it clear that there were actually no endorsers on the
grassy knoll...

Maybe she's already done one of these two things and I missed it.

—C.W.