[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 27 11:24:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:11:24 -0500, "Stephanie M. Clarkson"
<thespian at sleepingcat.com> wrote:

>> If we had used Wikipedia Review for our bitching and moaning, would
>> we now be portrayed as the good guys?  It seems to me that people
>> are being penalised for trying to sit back and think.

>What have I ever said that would make you jump to that conclusion? Stop tarring everyone that things the list is a terrible, completely anti-Wiki idea with that brush. It goes beyond assuming bad faith. Indeed, I referred to WR as a bunch of cranks at one point. Neither WR nor a private list (the 'subscribe' page for cyberstalking said, after all, 'you can apply for the list, but we might not let you on.') is an appropriate place to be discussing Wikipedia business, blocks, etc.

Well I'm sorry you interpreted it that way, it was not my intention.
It is not an "anti-wiki" idea, any more than OTRS or IRC are
anti-wiki ideas.  Sometimes you need to allow people to let off
steam or release hurt or explore a thought in some kind of privacy.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG