[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 21 16:56:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:04:49 -0500, "Wily D"
<wilydoppelganger at gmail.com> wrote:

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Linking_to_external_harassment
>essentially eliminates the ability to link to Wikipedia Review, which
>fails at least four of the five "Should I link to it?" criteria in
>"LINKLOVE".   If people stopped pushing BADSITES and looked at
>something more like LINKLOVE they'd win over those of us who don't
>give a fuck about linking to the Wikipedia Review but are unprepared
>to delink slashdot.org from [[slashdot]] or newyorker.com from [[The
>New Yorker]].  It's probably worth considering.

Well yes, but at least one IP has recently marked that as rejected
based on the assertion that it is BADSITES in all but name.  Some
people seem unwilling to move beyond absolutist positions.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG