[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 21 15:38:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:09:41 -0500, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>BADSITES has proven to be an extremely convenient way of distracting
>attention from the real issues regarding offsite harassment and
>non-encyclopedic links; I suspect it has worked even better than its
>author ever dreamed it would.

Yes, I think you are right.  We had an IP turn up out of the blue
yesterday and mark some current proposals as "rejected" due to
BADSITES, including one that was specifically motivated by the
rejection of BADSITES and seeks to do what the last ArbCom
suggested, namely write a workable policy.

Of course, it is incredibly important to WR that they retain the
ability to add links.  Not because they want to, but because it
keeps the site in the public mind.  Without the constant harping it
would have been forgotten by now as just another festival of stupid.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG