[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Nov 12 00:53:54 UTC 2007

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007  Raphael Wegman
>> I am not interested in joining any special tribunal.
>> Instead I focus on analyzing the underlying mechanisms.
>>
> Then do more analysing before pitching into this one again, eh?  For
> example, are you aware that Amorrow was jailed?
What does his being in jail have to do with Wikipedia?

For most us, these sordid details about someone's personal life carry no
interest whatsoever.  This kind of gossip only serves to make the
atmosphere even poisonous.

Most of us cannot be bothered to follow the detailed activities of
Amorrow or Wikipedia Review or whoever else happens to be bullies'
flavour of the day.  At least we realize that if these guys are such
pigs we would do well not get down in the muck and wallow with them.
When the combatants from both sides are so thoroughly covered in mud,
how can anybody tell the good guys from the bad guys.  All we can see is
an alliance of mud.

So for those of us who sit here on the mailing list admitting to no
small laziness in our distaste for the tedium of the "offending" sites,
or the endless arbitration debates draw our views from the tone of what
is submitted here.  Do we choose the zero-tolerant rights-fighter who
must have his vision of justice satisfied, or do we incline to whom we
perceive to be looking for accommodations that will save face for everyone?

Surely when we read, "are you aware that ... was jailed."  the person
named must smile and know that he has found a kindred spirit.

Ec