[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Nov 11 21:50:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:28:54 +0100, Raphael Wegmann
<raphael at psi.co.at> wrote:

>What I doubt is the "only" in your initial claim.

Then you can rest assured.  Even people who are 100% troublemakers
with virtually nothing else to their name are still editing happily
right now.

>> The average sockpuppet is traceable via IP using CheckUser and other
>> methods, whereas witch hunts require ducking stools and the like.

>None of those methods is verifiable by a normal editor.
>Therefore CheckUser and "other methods" are a kind of
>"witchcraft" for non-admins, where only the adepts make
>decisions.

Don't be silly.  You don't need to be able to do a CheckUser in
order to understand how it works, and why.

>> Your post indicates a
>> profound lack of understanding of the people we're discussing and
>> their past history.  If you want it all then I guess we can take it
>> offline, because I'm guessing most people here know the back story
>> well enough.

>I am not interested in joining any special tribunal.
>Instead I focus on analyzing the underlying mechanisms.

Then do more analysing before pitching into this one again, eh?  For
example, are you aware that Amorrow was jailed?

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG