[WikiEN-l] I believe I called this some time ago...

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 22:26:24 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 7:23 PM, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> It depends on the project. Some projects (MILHIST comes to mind, there
> are others), would be quite trustworthy and even now often nominate
> inappropriate articles in "their" area for AfD themselves. Others (ROADS
> comes to mind, I recall them sending out a "newsletter" when a few road
> articles were up for AfD with an undisguised canvassing attempt, as well
> as many projects on fictional subjects) would simply reject any request
> to delete -any- type of cruft in "their" area.

Sadly this shilling has two sides. While what you say is entirely true,
there is almost nobody around on wikipedia who would say that
despite military history buffs monomaniacal interest in their subject,
something most people would find zero interest in, means it
should be presumed a priori likely to be non-encyclopaedic.