[WikiEN-l] I believe I called this some time ago...

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Nov 11 20:55:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:23:20 -0700, Todd Allen
<toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:

>It depends on the project. Some projects (MILHIST comes to mind, there
>are others), would be quite trustworthy and even now often nominate
>inappropriate articles in "their" area for AfD themselves. Others (ROADS
>comes to mind, I recall them sending out a "newsletter" when a few road
>articles were up for AfD with an undisguised canvassing attempt, as well
>as many projects on fictional subjects) would simply reject any request
>to delete -any- type of cruft in "their" area.

This has the ring of truth.  I am pretty convinced that the
longer-standing projects are likely to be pragmatic.

>I love the idea, though. You mean those saying "keep and reference"
>-actually have to find the references-? Brilliant!

Yes, pretty much that.  And the payback is they get to check it out
and save it with minimum drama if it's genuinely worthwhile.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG