[WikiEN-l] I believe I called this some time ago...

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:20:44 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 11:04 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> But that Making Light ran a blatant personal attack article *after*
> the original conflict had apparently been sorted out, however, does
> not speak well of them at all in terms of being people it's reasonable
> to consider bothering to interact with.

Well, many of them are old-school Usenetters, used to down and dirty
personal conflict, no holds barred.  I suspect that's a good part of
it.

It was also about a clash between two insular groups, each of which
was/is quite good at thinking of themselves as The Good People and not
noticing how that to those not in the group they appear prickly and
combative.

They acted like dicks.  However, 'our group' acted like dicks too - or
at least, those of us who didn't, weren't noticed - civility tends to
get quietly ignored.

-Matt