[WikiEN-l] Pakistani politicians and systemic bias

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 8 14:49:31 UTC 2007

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote

> Here's a problem, though: there is a tendency to assume bad faith on
> the part of deleting admins, and not to address bad speedy tagging
> by RC patrollers.  I completely support any initiative to educate
> those who patrol recent changes, to persuade them to make better use
> of {{prod}} and {{afd}} rather than {{db}}.

Whoa. The admins are hand-picked. Anyone who can get online can come and start adding templates. Admins are picked just because they can be trusted with "delete" and other tools. The correct decisions for an admin with a suspect speedy range over "pass" or "not a speedy, I'll take off the tag". They do not include "if I don't delete within 30 seconds, no one ever will, so here goes".

Charles