[WikiEN-l] JzG's banning Private Musings regarding BADSITES debate

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Nov 2 00:57:50 UTC 2007

Fred Bauder wrote:
>> Either one goes against the animating spirit of the project:
>>
>>     Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given
>> free access to the sum of all human knowledge.
>>

> But not the sum of all human speculation.

As I've said before, Fred, I feel you have an unfortunate habit of
replying to a long message, and making one short argumentative reply,
often apparently tangential to the main point of the post you're
replying to. I think this does little to advance the discussion.
Certainly it rarely helps me understand what you're talking about. All
the more so when you give several replies like that in a thread.

If you'd like to make a concrete point here, I'd suggest you go for a
couple of paragraphs, stating whatever it is that you're trying to state
from first principles, and showing how you'd apply them in this
particular situation.

On the upside, I see you've switched over to a mail client that is more
compliant with standards. Thanks for that.

William

--
William Pietri <william at scissor.com>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri