[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:55:18 UTC 2007

You got a personal apology on your talk page for that, SV. I jumped to
what was most likely a wrong conclusion, and I'm sorry I did it. I had
them move the thread into the hidden part of WR so that the accusation
isn't visible to the public. If we're going to go the "I have a hard
time assuming good faith" route, everything is going to go up in
flames here.

BUt then, assuming good faith is already in tatters here. There are
simply too many theories bouncing around as to why people are doing
what they're doing for there to be much good faith here, with the
"DennyColt was a sockpuppet for the Bad Guys" theory serving as the
jewel in the crown. Apparent COIs are a dime a dozen, and
characterization of the WR membership has been pretty much one long
personal attack. Discussion of that site is so tainted that there is
no way to come up with a good basis for policy using it.