[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:02:46 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/05/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > certainly not to override common sense. Now, granted, there are
> > > relatively few occasions where a link to a site such as Wikipedia Review
> > > is beneficial to the project, but it should be acknowledged that these
> > > occasions exist,
> >
> > Actually, I can't think of any occasion where such a link would be
> > beneficial to the project. What exactly did you have in mind?
>
> A link to whichever attack site we're discussing? Pretty remarkable if
> one turns up. A link to something that someone might construe as an
> attack site in the future for their own bizzare purposes? As we have
> seen, sadly, not improbable...

I'm not sure what you're saying. Under what circumstances would
linking to WR or a similar site be beneficial to Wikipedia? Please
give some specific examples, keeping in mind that Wikipedia is an
encyclopedia, and the purpose of Talk: pages is to discuss article
content, and that article content must comply with [[WP:V]] and
[[WP:RS]].

Jay.