[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:57:07 UTC 2007

On 30/05/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > certainly not to override common sense. Now, granted, there are
> > relatively few occasions where a link to a site such as Wikipedia Review
> > is beneficial to the project, but it should be acknowledged that these
> > occasions exist,
>
> Actually, I can't think of any occasion where such a link would be
> beneficial to the project. What exactly did you have in mind?

A link to whichever attack site we're discussing? Pretty remarkable if
one turns up. A link to something that someone might construe as an
attack site in the future for their own bizzare purposes? As we have
seen, sadly, not improbable...

If we want to ban some sites, *say so*, name them and make it clear.
As it is, "attack sites" is an invitation to querulous idiots.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk