[WikiEN-l] A BADSITES RfA piling-on

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Wed May 30 14:39:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Joe Szilagyi wrote:
> > Indeed. Ken, that's what we've been arguing from the start. No links
> > to purpose-built attack sites, the ones that do little else.
> Isn't that limited really to just one website (that I know of, without
> naming names) unarguably, and two that people are pretty regularly arguing
> the point over?

It is limited to three sites; the trouble is that a zero tolerance policy still
has the problems of a zero tolerance policy.  There are some reasons why we
might want to link to even those three sites.  They may be rare reasons, but
they are not nonexistent reasons.  Removing the link from Wikipedia Signpost
and removing the links from the attack sites discussion are bad ideas, and a
zero tolerance policy leaves no room for such unusual cases.