[WikiEN-l] BADSITES vs RFA

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed May 30 00:59:52 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am far more worried that one of Merkey's anon detractors claims that
> they just got past RFA with another as-yet-unnamed account ...

Quite a few groups are claiming to have succeeded in getting RfAs
through, and in some cases more than one admin account per person,
because the process has become almost completely formulaic. It's one
of the reasons I don't like to see high article edit counts (with
minor edits) and low talk-page interaction, because that's one of the
ways they claim to get them through. (And that's not a comment on
Gracenotes, before anyone interprets it that way.)

I don't know what the solution is, because a large chunk of the
community still argues that adminship's no big deal, which means
there's no will to check who's being given it.