[WikiEN-l] Paul Taylor

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue May 29 10:36:06 UTC 2007

On 29/05/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:

> Further, that crap is exactly what draws people in. Back before anybody
> had heard of Wikipedia, I was persuading my clients to use wikis as
> intranets. My number one trick for getting involvement was putting in
> mistakes: typos, formatting errors, and obvious omissions of
> information. Nobody would touch a finished-looking page. But give them
> something they could fix *right now* and they were hooked.

I'm *sure* we used to have a page recommending that, somewhere. Always
be sure to leave something unfinished...

(There is one word which appears in about a third of the new articles
I write. I can't spell it. It is always a source of delight to me just
how fast someone will come by and fix it...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk