[WikiEN-l] A BADSITES RfA piling-on

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Mon May 28 22:46:35 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Slim Virgin" <slimvirgin at gmail.com>
To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] A BADSITES RfA piling-on

> It's unfair to keep on mentioning that RfA because the candidate's not
> here to defend himself, but on the other hand, I'm reluctant to let
> some of these comments stand. Gracenotes's replies about this and
> other issues worried me because they seemed evasive. For example: "I
> suppose you mean attack sites as those in which personal attacks are
> made against Wikipedians, without the intent of improving Wikipedia."
> That set off alarm bells for me, because *all* these attack sites
> claim to have the intent of improving WP.

Well, no. In the ongoing Making Light dispute, the site does not claim to
intend improving WP - the single thread in question (see my recent posting
of all the other threads on that site which have NOTHING to do with
Wikipedia, and which should thoroughly trash any characterisation of the
site as an "attack site") is simply the poster's explanation of why she has
given up on Wikipedia (and if you actually read the thread you would
conclude that she's not entirely unjustified in her view).
--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/