[WikiEN-l] Copyright dispute

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:18:06 UTC 2007

On 5/18/07, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I rather think that, from Sean's initial description, the reaction of
> "the person opposing this is being querellous, shoot them" was apropos.

No something along the lines of "linky?" would be better (certainly
one of the first two questions I ask on IRC the other being "what
country are you in?")

> And I think the basic question of "What do we do when a copyright
> holder is subjected to an interrogation assuming no good faith
> whatsoever, particularly when that copyright holder is a well-
> respected member of the community" is an important one.

Assuming good faith does not mean an assumption of an in depth
knowledge of copyright an inheritance law.

> And the
> answer should not be "make them jump through a bunch of hoops."

As long as we keep the hoops relevant  it's about the only option. And
I'm afraid the more complex the situation the more hoops there will
be.
--
geni