[WikiEN-l] Copyright dispute

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:02:03 UTC 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 3:19 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> Phil, would you please stop pontificating about matters which you do
> not understand and which you are not willing to undertake the most
> cursory investigation into?  Thanks.

I rather think that, from Sean's initial description, the reaction of
"the person opposing this is being querellous, shoot them" was apropos.

And I think the basic question of "What do we do when a copyright
holder is subjected to an interrogation assuming no good faith
whatsoever, particularly when that copyright holder is a well-
respected member of the community" is an important one. And the
answer should not be "make them jump through a bunch of hoops." Your
response, based on what Sean was actually saying, was unhelpful and
ill considered.

-Phil