[WikiEN-l] Psychosis and Wikipedia

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:17:14 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > Excess testosterone can cause you to feel happy when people make angry
> > faces at you...
>
> AKA: Getting off by pissing people off :-).
>
> Also, the emotional message, "I can affect someone".

It's the motivation for certain kinds of trolling, pissing people off
just for the sake of pissing them off. The best targets for this are
people and groups who have strong beliefs and/or are easily offended.

Traditional examples are Usenet's "Meowers", and "Usenet performance
artists". More modern examples are sites like Encyclopedia Dramatica.
They have a large collection of other people's goats.