[WikiEN-l] How to square being welcome with keeping up quality

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:00:55 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I could go on. Obviously new contributors to articles are welcome -
> WP:OWN is no good. But, at the same time, fly-bys who know nothing about
> the subject and are not willing even to stop and think 'what would
> benefit this particular article? How can it be improved?' - need hit
> with a cluestick.

Doc makes an excellent point here. We should obviously be welcome to
newbies, but if they hit an article they know nothing about with an edit,
policy says you should talk towards a concensus, which, with clueless people
can be hard to impossible. How are you welcome to people while keeping
quality of articles up at the same time?

Mgm