[WikiEN-l] GNAA

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Wed May 16 04:01:47 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett wrote:
> Speaking of GNAA, an anecdote...

And here's another.  A couple of years ago, I got curious about
GNAA, and I was also getting curious about this Wikipedia thing
that everybody was starting to talk about, and I realized:
Wikipedia was probably the one place that would have some decent
coverage of that topic, that nobody else (i.e. "conventional"
media) would touch.  So GNAA was the first thing I ever tried to
look up on Wikipedia, and I was pleasantly gratified to discover
that there was, in fact, an article, with just the level of
information I was looking for.  It also happened to be in the
middle of its sixth or so AfD just then, so I promptly registered
an account so I could vote for its retention.

So GNAA got me started with Wikipedia, and that's the truth.