[WikiEN-l] Jimmy Wales on /The Chaser's War on Everything/

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sat May 5 16:31:57 UTC 2007

Surprised no other Aussie has mentioned this one.  By "Aussie" I mean,
of course, Stephen Bain, who falls into the core demographic and almost
certainly watches the programme.

/The Chaser's War on Everything/ last Wednesday/Friday included a press
conference with Jimmy Wales, who quite possibly didn't even know who
they were.  Pretty standard: "There are now 1.7m articles on English
Wikipedia.  How did you manage to write them all?" and "How do you feel
about the fact that I changed your article this morning to [something, I
forget what]?"  However, /Chaser/ is always worth watching.  I thought
Jimbo reacted quite well to the /Chaser/'s lad, too.  His answer to the
articles question: "A lot of coffee."

Also on Friday's episode: the ghost of Mark Latham; dressing up as a
baby to avoid paying zoo admissions; a parody of "Grease Lightning"
about petrol-guzzling SUVs; "three minute massages" (and dental work,
gynaecology, proctology, and terrorism) in pubs; taking photos of
tourists in the style of camera advertisements; the wonder of Fox News;
human statues with Parkinson's Disease (that one's a bit sick); standing
up for Snoop Dogg at DIMIA; making yourself at home in newsagents;
testing the reality of ads.

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten