[WikiEN-l] Innovative (re)uses of Wikipedia content

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sat May 5 15:24:47 UTC 2007

G'day William,

> Part of the magic of an open content license is that you don't know
> quite what people will do with this. The Wikipedia-on-DVD and the One
> Laptop Per Child projects are great examples of how your info might
> be
> used for public benefit.

I've long been fond of the idea of a selection of Wikipedia's best
FAs[0] published in a coffee table book or something.  Hardly as
Beneficial For the World as Wikipedia-on-DVD, but Good For Wikipedia, at
least.

[0] Make no mistake, some of our FAs are crap.  Either they got that way
     through crafty application of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, or
     they just plain sucked when they passed the FA process ...

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten