[WikiEN-l] Soft deletion redux

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu May 3 22:07:21 UTC 2007

I've simplified my earlier proposal of soft deletion and reduced its
applicability to the AfD process. In a nutshell, under this policy,
any non-admin would be permitted to pseudo-delete certain articles in
a reversible fashion, leaving the history intact and viewable:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Soft_deletion

This would make AfD more scalable, and might reduce the tensions when
articles get deleted for notability reasons (because all that is
required is for the affected party to produce sufficient sources in
order to restore the article).

If this is adopted, I would suggest to not not allow "speedy soft
deletion", as I suspect that could lead to massive overuse and
conflict.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic