[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:49:07 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lack thereof? Really, they wouldn't get too far going after Wikipedia
> or anyone else. The last time I checked, there are a lot of servers
> located outside the US. They can send anyone who runs one of those all
> the DMCA notices they like, it would be good for a laugh.

See the World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty.
And the Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the
Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of
copyright and related rights in the information society.

Neither have been full implemented yet but trying to find
jurisdictions where such laws do not apply is simply prolonging
defeat.

--
geni