[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu May 3 15:21:32 UTC 2007

> On 5/3/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> > Yes, I have.
>
> Link? Quotation? Court fillings?

You want a link that a lawyer has made the claim that IP law is
covered by the first amendment?  If I were Jimbo, I'd say you were
trolling.  Of course, being that I'm not Jimbo, I'll assume good faith
and that you honestly aren't aware of the boatloads of information on
this.

http://www.eff.org/IP/Video/MPAA_DVD_cases/?f=20010126_ny_eff_pressrel.html
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DMCA/Gallery/index.html
http://www.law.duke.edu/shell/cite.pl?66+Law+&+Contemp.+Probs.+173+(WinterSpring+2003)

The concept that copyright law is exempt from the first amendment was
also explicitly rejected by dicta in the recent Eldred Supreme Court
case, but I don't have a quote from that at the moment.

Anthony