[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu May 3 02:02:34 UTC 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007, David Gerard wrote:
> > Tell me this, please. Is there *anyone* in the world who would walk up
> > to a friend and say - hey did you hear the news about [string of hex
> > digits]?
>
> This is precisely why the analogous DVD key article is called [[Illegal prime]].

But that article does contain the illegal numbers.  It doesn't contain them
as a title, but neither does it avoid them completely.

Moreover, the numbers in that article are large enough that nobody would
paste them in a search box, unlike the HD-DVD number.  And unlike the HD-DVD
number, those numbers are programs, not keys; a program can be written in
thousands of different ways, so it's unlikely a user would want any specific
one.