[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:41:53 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

> Again, this isn't a copyvio situation (and our copyright paranoia is a
> whole different can of worms), but a situation of contradictory and
> unclear legality that shouldn't be handled the way it has been thus far.
>
> -Jeff

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Non-free_content#A_little_game:_Is_it_Free.3F

No it isn't copyright but it doesn't fit into any of the normal areas
of IP law (born secret might be the closest thing (heh neither have
ever been tested in court)).

Untill the foundation does it's thing it will have to be handled in
the normal way which means those dealing with the issue useing a
mixture of what knowlage they do have and playing safe.

--
geni