[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:36:42 UTC 2007

On 02/05/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

> Again, this isn't a copyvio situation (and our copyright paranoia is a
> whole different can of worms), but a situation of contradictory and
> unclear legality that shouldn't be handled the way it has been thus far.

As I said, the consistent "go away you idiots" response to people
spamming the number is IMO just the thing we need to make the point
this is an encyclopedia, not a newspaper.

This is a first for us; procedure can only be advisory in a so far unique case.

I did go to the Slashdot story and tell the people complaining of
Wikipedia censorship to try our sister site that *is* a newspaper:

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Digg.com_suffers_user_revolt%3B_Founder_will_not_fight

- d.