[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:16:06 UTC 2007

> The best, and indeed only IMO, reason to remove it is that we're an
> encyclopedia, not a newspaper, Slashdot or a public graffiti wall.

Disagree. What could possibly be unencyclopaedic about posting the
actual key in a discussion about HD-DVD encryption, or possibly even
the DMCA?

In any case, actually keeping Wikipedia clean of that magic phrase is
virtually impossible. It's still visible on certain pages. It's one
thing to delete an article. But to delete a string?

Steve