[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:03:27 UTC 2007

On 02/05/07, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:

> I was under the impression that the process by which the "Foundation [asks] us
> to remove it on sight" is a WP:OFFICE action.  There certainly doesn't seem
> to be one listed on [[WP:OFFICE]]; and nobody has claimed there is one; I must
> conclude that the Foundation has not asked us to remove it on sight.

Er, no. Stuff does not have to be listed on WP:OFFICE to have been an
office action; in my experience if someone from the Foundation asks me
to perform an administrative action, I generally do. The most common
examples are living biography problems.

Where on earth did you get this idea that every office action *has* to
be listed on WP:OFFICE?

> It's entirely possible, of course, that someone at the Foundation made an
> informal request to remove an article.  Obeying such requests, I would
> suggest, is a bad idea.

No, it's how it's done without it being a troll magnet.

Note that I am not a Foundation employee and only do anything asked of
me by them because I consider it for the good of the projects.

- d.