[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:32:58 UTC 2007

On 02/05/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did the WMF take that official stance? Where, if I missed it?

As I posted earlier, oversight-l asked Cary Bass about this and he
said deletion would do for now.

>The specific
> number/value I don't believe can be even copyrighted in the United States.

The DMCA takedown notices are under the circumvention mechanism
provision, not under the copyright violation provision.

> Keep in mind that the hex/number itself is now notable.

"Notable" is not "this week's Internet meme." As I said in my previous
message, give it a month and we'll see.

(I'm pretty sure it will - this will make [[Illegal prime]] look minor.)

- d.