[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:29:45 UTC 2007

I noticed today that the Internets civil war or whatever that is underway
for this has spread to Wikipedia, to the point it's now on DRV:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_May_2#09_9_11_02_9D_74_E3_5B_D8_41_56_C5_63_56_88_C0

Zscout says here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Zscout370#HD_DVD_Key

"Regardless if it is popular or not, we cannot host the key on here and the
Foundation has asked us to remove it on sight.
User:Zscout370<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zscout370>
*(Return Fire)* 03:57, 2 May 2007 (UTC)"

Did the WMF take that official stance? Where, if I missed it? The specific
number/value I don't believe can be even copyrighted in the United States.

Keep in mind that the hex/number itself is now notable.

--
Regards,
Joe