[WikiEN-l] let's be honest then

Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia) newyorkbrad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:09:50 UTC 2007

On 3/31/07, James Farrar <james.farrar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31/03/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > it's trying to persuade the community that something needs to change.
>
> Is this community particularly susceptible to persuasion by rant?

See [[Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Doc glasgow#Outside view by
Newyorkbrad]] for my own take on not only articles that contain false or
unsourced negative information about living people, but also unnecessarily
embarrassing information about non-public information that editors insist on
keeping just "because we can, and Wikipedia is not censored" with no thought
for the effect that we have on real people's lives.

IMHO, this is one of the two most pressing issues facing Wikipedia.

Newyorkbrad