[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:28:17 UTC 2007

> I hope the horse I am beating is still alive: we have to be absolutely
> ruthless about removing "I think I heard it somewhere"
> pseudo-information from Wikipedia, and especially from biographies.

We don't have the resources to this without straight deleting about
95%+ of bios. <i>And that still wouldn't solve the problem</I>

> People who are fighting the good fight here are sometimes threatened
> with a trip to ArbCom.  They need our support, though.

If the people dealing with copyvios can stay within the rules and be
effective so can the BLP people. If they want extra powers they can
get them through the normal means.

--
geni