[WikiEN-l] BLP - a case study

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:00:01 UTC 2007

On 3/29/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Now, he gets divorced in messy circumstances - his wife accuses him
> of sleeping with her sister or something. it is all there is the
> on-line court reports. Do we include it?  No - and perhaps court
> reports should not count for BLP sourcing - if it isn't in the
> mainstream media ignore it.

A related sourcing question: Normally, we state whether someone is
married or not, and who to. In this case, we would say he was
divorced. We would like to reference that statement. What do we cite?
If we site the small town newspaper, are we any better off? What if we
cite the court proceedings? Eep.

Steve